Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Santa Santa Ho, Ho, NO!

So..It has been a long time.
The Christmas season is now upon us, and we were fortunate enough to have gone to the mall this past weekend as a family to get our annual Santa photo done.

Kids dressed similarily adorable and parents along to match, we head out the door for what is supposed to be a FABulous day out with the family. Everyone is in a great mood and excited to see Santa!

As we pull into the outrageously packed mall parking lot and find a close enough space to park, I realize I have forgotten Lynden's bottle on the kitchen counter! Great...she only just woke up from a long nap, hasn't eaten anything and I am praying she holds it together for our time out which has now turned into an 'in and out' kind of a trip. We get inside; we go and s
tand in the 'mile-long' line-up for Santa and wait. (For anyone who has more than one child and are trying to be quick in the mall, when you have to wait for a certain amount of time, you can agree with me this was not a good idea!)
While Bryce runs off to find a bank machine, I am left with a smiling baby and a two-almost three-year-old whining at me for popcorn! (dang Kernals being way too close to the line-up!)
Bryce comes back. "FINE! Raiden go with Daddy and get some popcorn" (tester). Although Daddy comes back with a pale of flouresent coloured Kernals, for a good boy? Whatever. Meanwhile I am standing in line waiting, making stupid faces at Lynden to keep her happy, and I don't mean to be a 'hater' but sometimes people can be so annoying oogling over my kids..cut it out already! I know they are cute..bla, bla, bla. (not my day right?)

We finally get up to being next in line, and by this time Raiden is a little bit anxious wanting to get up there and see Santa! low and behold, the two 'older' kids in front of us just want to have a gab with Santa, for what felt like an HOUR, and not take pictures. Hurry up already!
Ok. Our turn!! Finally!
Great pictures, Great attitudes, even though Raiden needs to work on his 'smile' everything turned out perfect!!


So why do you ask am I a little bit skeptical?
Oh right, because while we were waiting for our pictures/disc we decided to take a walk up to my work and say 'Hi' to the ladies. While in there, Raiden got in trouble and then the worst happend.
Temper tantrum of the year! I swear, I have never had an experience like that ever! he was litterally screaming in the middle of the mall, kicking, laying on the ground, and you better believe we had spectators. Embarassing.


All I could do was keep a smile on my face and thank God that no matter how bad Raiden was, it
definitely could have been worse. Lynden could have been screaming too. I think I had some luck on my side that day...considering the circumstances!


No comments:

Post a Comment